Whats it all about?

Just pictures...and heaps less blah blah blah.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The throne room needs a new throne.

Ah the joys of domesticity.
Filling my time the past few days has been the bucket brigade in our bathroom to compensate for the dodgy cistern. Its given me much to think about.
We are living in a world of such luxury.
Since here on the Sunshine Coast we haven't really had water restrictions its really bought home to me the volume of water that we waste, both down the loo and in the shower. And its potable (drinkable water)

Which then got me thinking about the old farm where my Gram and Grandad raised their six kids in the mallee where water really was a premium. The big dam that looked so dark and scary, but was warm and gooey right on the edge and with a bit of meat tied to a string you could coax yabbies out of the murk.
 The Tank on a huge stand covered in boganvillia, that housed Gram's wringer washing machine underneath and the line clothesline held up with a forked stick. And since so much of memory has to do with smell...the scent of the peppercorn trees, and their little pink dusty peppercorns. No such thing as push button plumbing in those days. Yes the past week has been a nice gentle reminder for me of how blessed we are to live here and now, and if it all disappeared in a blink of an eye, we'd still tick along, content in our world, raisning and loving our families, finding the joy in our daily lives.

The past few days I've almost completed except for some embellishments some more layouts for classes at Julies shop Creations in Paper and of course as we do, have generated a pile of scraps. Now as you know  I can't show you the layouts, ( sneak peaks coming soon) but here are some cards I completed yesterday using the scraps. Loving the colouring with Copics and they are giving away another 12 free markers if you want to go to their blog here http://copicoz.blogspot.com/
Also a little scattering of the products I'll be using to scrap a layout of my beautiful Aunty Marlene. I've used this photo once before but I love it as she just looks like an old Hollywood Screen Siren ( Elizabeth Taylor perhaps?)




Today we are off to Maroochydore. I'm enjoying making some cards at Creations in Paper with the gals, Russell will have his lappie and be working over a coffee at McCafe; then we are having lunch before heading to Bunnings for the all important selection of a new Throne.
Yes its all excitement in our world.
YOU have a wonderful day today, you deserve it!
Linda x

No comments:

Post a Comment