Whats it all about?

Just pictures...and heaps less blah blah blah.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Serving myself the burnt chop.

I'm busy scrap booking.
Its a nice feeling to be back in the familiar rhythm of creating something every day.
It balances me, fills up that little empty place next to my heart, the jigsaw puzzle slot that is the authentic real me.
I helped a friend move house on the weekend and without divulging personal stuff, (as this is my earth sister) i noticed that even though this is now for the first time ever as an adult HER home that she can create for herself she was still deferring to everyone elses likes and dislikes.
I think we all do this as wifes and mothers and women in general.
We are the people pleasers. We want everyone to be content and comfortable, and we'll do it to the detriment of our needs.
When we serve a meal, we always give ourselves the burnt chop.
Thats why scrapbooking and writing resonate with my soul.
I comes from a deep place inside me where the joy lives.
Its when I return to my default setting.
I'm just Linda, and can lose myself in my imagination, my ideas and my thoughts.
So in my busy busy world of being nurturer to so many, its a little tiny pocket of sanity saving.

I do bargains with myself, so that i don't fall behind in my responsibilities.
"If  I clean this bathroom, then mop this floor, finish these chores then i can have the next 2 hours at my desk before they all come home from work." And then when they do?
I'm back into my peaceful place, content with Linda Land once again.

And for my darling cousin Marita...a little retrospective of work from the past. I can't show layouts that I'm currently teaching beyond a sneak peek; but this may get the juices going. The layout (with Gram and Jenny and I) has Gram's plum pudding recipe as the journalling...Enjoy XX






2 comments:

  1. please let me make a comment...please....margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome to...and thanks so much dear friend for reading my scribblings...have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete