Whats it all about?

Just pictures...and heaps less blah blah blah.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Book of Me.

One of the papercraft projects that has bought me lots of joy over the years 
and that I tend to pick up and put down in the various chapters of my life 
has been my Book of Me. 
A common lament among the memory keepers of the family is that we often end up behind the camera and seldom on the page. While most of us are kind of happy about that; thinking of the years of hail damage that swimsuit photos can reveal, or the horror of discovering another chin has arrived...
it is important that we record the detail our lives as well as our families. 

Can you imagine what a gift it would be to be able to glimpse into your mothers, or grandmothers  world and know what are the things that bring her joy, bring a tear to her eye, make her laugh uncontrollably. What was her favourite food , colour, hobbies? Was she frightened as a new Mum like we are when we become mum's? Did her dreams come true? What did she look like at my age? What was her handwriting like?
I know i could go on and on.

So when I first heard of the idea of a Book of Me I was just delighted. 
As well as my usual scrapbooking here was a chance to record about me with the knowledge that my children, grandchildren  and so on could gain a little insight into my world today.
And it made me disciplined about actually scrapbooking photos of myself.

So here is another that I have done just last night. You'll notice that there is no journalling and of course thats private and I'll add it later when I put it in my album. The album I use is a ring binder and in between each of the layout sleeves I have inserted an A4 protecter that will hold my diary type journalling... 
just the story of day to day, where my heads at, what my thoughts are. 
You can also use these A4 sleeves for one off fabulous meaningful photos 
that i print in A4 size
and then i can slip a page of journalling in behind that.
I make sure to put in good memories as well as those not so good. 
After all its a whole big picture book, not a book of snapshot memories.
Its going to be a fabulous book to read one day when I've gone 
and it becomes part of my childrens inheritance. 
ha ha.

This page is about finding my inspiration again and the funny things that will trigger it.

Spread a little sunshine today...*smile*
Linda X


 



And this little bird is from a layout for a lesson so only a glimpse sorry
but wanted to share this with you. 
Using the Tim Holtz Caged Bird big Sizzix die, cute as a button I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment