Whats it all about?

Just pictures...and heaps less blah blah blah.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

my love of paper and fabric



I am so delighted with these Lockhart Stamp company Stamps.
If you are a stamper you will delight in the feel of the wooden stamp but most especially the nice clean image you are left with. Just the perfect size for card making. The papers I used are from the 6 inch pads Stella Rose collection from My minds Eye and I'm loving how much like fabric the patterns are, particularly the smaller pattern you always find in the little pads. Perfect also for card making lol.
Its was almost irresistable to stamp and then paper piece the Apron together for that sweet cottagey look, which then of course made it perfect for Mother's day.

Aprons are such a echo from older times.
I remember my Gram wearing an apron, her pockets handy and full of things. It was always pinned somewhere to mend a tear. They were always homemade in the prettiest of fabrics.
My Mum still wears an apron to cook, and to do the housework in her unit to keep her "good clothes" good!
(We still have old clothes for around the house and good clothes for going to town
but I think thats becoming a thing of the past as well......)
Russell and I wear aprons when we are cooking, especially the washing dishes part...I'm such a slop! His is a hangback from working in commercial kitchens.  He looks hilarious in my Pink Goddess apron...but he's such a brilliant cook, he can wear what he likes!!!
But I resist the whole Apron On To Do The Housework thing...I don't know why . 
Maybe its the whole 1970's womans lib thing.....no don't think so...
or maybe its just that when I am cleaning or doing any work around the house 
I'm generally in old clothes anyway. 

Whatever...I love aprons...they are one of those things that remind us of the comforts of home
.............like buttons, and porridge and crocheted rugs and teapots and homemade biscuits and slippers and meals made completely from leftovers and the dog snoring on the rug in front of the heater. 

Well look at that!??
I believe I just started the day by counting my blessings
Have a wonderful day...

If I can borrow Jakes IPad I will post from Melbourne there will be MUCH inspiration
but if not
See you next week!
Linda x


No comments:

Post a Comment