Whats it all about?

Just pictures...and heaps less blah blah blah.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dabbling

I have a pretty good collection of art supplies that I've gathered together over the years. I've always dabbled a little in all the media, just to get a feel for it and when I could I'd bring it into my papercraft. I have no real understanding of how each of the media work, except what I've learned from 'playing'!
Last night I decided to have a little play with canvas paper and my soft pastels. Because its so coarse the pastels 'grabbed' really well and I could do some fun blending skin tones with my fingers. But the finer detail eluded me. The pastel sticks are just too think. Pastel pencils were just stupid. So I sprayed the lot with fixative to stop the powder coming off, and then tried to tidy it by detailing in acrylic over the top.
Its not complete by any means. Need to fix the whites of her eyes, I couldn't find any white acrylic paint though I know I have some, somewhere. Some finer detail to the hair, something in the background, but it was a great start and I feel encouraged. Its a version one and I liked playing with where to put the light and shadow.
Now my task for today is to find where on earth I packed my big bottles of paints. May just be the excuse I've needed to get rid of clutter.
Here's a glimpse of behind my scrapping desk. Everything is jam packed. I wonder how I produce anything, let alone find it. Sigh. Well today's as good a day as any to start...Next week the fancy book learnin' begins!
Have a lovely one, folks!
Linda x
Every square inch of space accounted for!

Even the floor is stacked high.

Lucky that I like to stand as I work. Did anyone see my big paint bottles, I know they're here somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment