Whats it all about?

Just pictures...and heaps less blah blah blah.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Time to share a little, once again.

I'm back.
Uni is just amazing and I am thriving in a world that is so encouraging.
First semester went really well, making new friends and growing as a person in ways I couldn't have imagined. Within three weeks I had changed my degree from Communication, to Creative Writing with a major in design and ........WOW! who knew? A High Distinction for my first short story ever...I made my tutor fill up with tears as he read it and he said my descriptions of intense emotion were 'perfect'. WOW and WOW AGAIN! And I just got a wee bit teary as I wrote that, such incredible validation.

So that is my time filled.  During the day I'm a busy little student, caring for my hubby and keeping a home. But to unleash those creative energies its time to go back through my scrapbooking and revisit, organise and get ready. I've been on such a declutter bent this past month and as my friend Suzie says 'always declutter as if your gonna die tomorrow and someone else will be going through your stuff.'

Sooooooo.....while everything else is now done its time to get the albums up to speed. There are layouts that are from classes that I would like to revamp, or even to redo. There are personal stories to add that I couldn't place on a class project.

And something more. I'm a long, long way from where I was creatively just a few short years ago. I don't particularly care about brand names or who the designer was for what ever blah blah blah the industry can get swept up with. Its so trendy, and that's not me.

I want to scrap the techniques I used to use, before I danced to someone else's tune. Loving a thing because of its beauty and not because it was 'on-trend'. I have new skills with different media, and of course, the journaling has become of huge significance.

And I want to share here as well, just some snapshots of what I'm doing...just to keep your creative juices flowing. Because this is who I am... my ideas are your ideas, and your encouraging comments lift me up and inspire me.

Love Linda X

No comments:

Post a Comment