Whats it all about?

Just pictures...and heaps less blah blah blah.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Creative time

I've just had quite a lovely weekend at home by myself. Just me and my two little fluffy companions, and of course Alex coming and going. Russ is home tonight and I have missed having him here. I don't realise how much we talk, about just about everything. Back on track with our usual routine tomorrow morning.

I've had a real bee in my bonnet these past few weeks to clear clutter.

 I think its probably just a stage in my life, you know, kids becoming independent, time for me to be ME!
 Time to find my groove.
And in the funny way we women have I've been looking for it ,  in cupboards and under beds,
 pulling out drawers and opening old boxes.
And so begins that wonderful time where we revisit little echoes of our past.
Why on earth did I save that?
 Ohh yes I was going to make somthing with those.
 They're still as good as new.
And realising that I didn't have enough beds to cope with all the linen I owned,
and thinking of those who could use it more than me,
I've wrapped up bundled sets of quilt covers and sheets, mending a few tears and then packing them into a plastic bag.  The bag will go to St Vinnies tomorrow
 and it feels nice to know that these soft, loved, comfy linens will find a new renaissance.
As soon as I started I knew what was happening.
A spring clean had sprung on me.
And while many would lament the waste of "My Time".............
............i loved it...more opportunities for inspiration.




Among other things I found our old, well loved monopoly board.

We had so much fun with this over the years. The kids made extra money at first by hand , then on the computer....,
we had to use other household bricabrac as tokens when the others mysteriusly disappeared.
( I suspect the vacuum cleaner may be the culprit!)
We had big interfamily challenges with friends, and some big verbal battles with a few who took it way too seriously.
There was definitely cheating!!!
So I took a few photos for myself to record them for posterity. A great thing to scrapbook I say!
 I'm not sure whether I will keep it or not. Or get a new one and save the bits or what.
Suggestions?

Meanwhile..........Back to my creative weekend ...

I've joined an online womens art group called Milliande Art community for Women after following a link that spoke about Zentangles. And I love it!
 Thats it!!! there will never be any idles hands for me again!

Here is my first attempt...still under construction.
 I've been a doodler for years, but now its become a bit of an art form,
 plus the whole Zen thing is most welcome in all our lives.

Its different isn't it? Watch some Youtube videos and have a play
you can find them here Zentangle Tutorials

And my last bit of show and tell, a little card making.
 I have been giving Sympathy cards to the hospital for a while now
and I've just heard that their supplies are getting low, so , another dozen to fill their box.




I've used the Pink Paislee Butterfly collection in a 6x6 pad that I bought in Melbourne last month.
 Love the soft colours. Gives the impressions of tenderness and compassion; and they are fairly non-gender specific.
 Soft and lovely. Butterfly from Hero Arts Clear design Antique engravings (?)

Have a fabulous week.
More  spring cleaning for me, but I hope to post some classes later in the week.

Be kind to those you meet this week, you can't tell their story by just looking at them.

Linda X

No comments:

Post a Comment