Whats it all about?

Just pictures...and heaps less blah blah blah.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Frustration

I've been having quite a challenge with our computers lately.
Westnet suspended our account saying that we had been attacked by a huge spambot that was sending such a volume of spam from our account that the only thing they could do was to suspend our account. We took our computer to the Techs and formatted so its nice and clean now. We have a new Antivirus program up and running and I am having no end of problems with my day to day computer needs. Nothing is a click of a button any more. Its all very very labour intensive. But the thing that is bugging me the most is that it won't allow me to access my facebook page and consequently my Page for Linda Gooch Papercraft. I have people who wait to see that I've posted there before going to my blog. I can access from my mobile but its a much more difficult task, what with my fat fingers and small patience ha ha.

Its given me lots to think about.

How much of my life is now influenced by the computer and internet.
I look to the internet for all my research. Phone numbers, recipes, just general knowledge are at my fingertips. I reserve my library books on line. I explore the creative blogs of others to inspire me. I contact friends and family from all over the world. Literally! Its where i read my news and current affairs, look up the weather forecast ( i still look out the window to see today's weather lol)I read opinion pages and love reading blogs of peoples faith journeys. I have even ordered pizza online.
So when this little window is closed to me, i feel a real sense of loss.
And it troubles me that i have become so dependent on it.

And so I'm seeing the current glitchiness as a little heads up for me. It should not be my only tool. While its a fabulous resource its not the only one available to me.
 I'm pausing and considering, and approaching this with with my eyes and my mind wide open.

No comments:

Post a Comment