Whats it all about?

Just pictures...and heaps less blah blah blah.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

safe from harm

This promise was given to Ann Voskamp A holy experience  from a new friend and its one I'd love to share here with you. Please click on her link above if you wish to read the full version. I know there are many many of us out there who navigate the world of women timidly and with caution, guarding ourselves from past hurts. Is there someone in your life that you know needs you to make this promise? I know there is in mine, I've done it for friends, and had it done for me and that vow of safety in a friendship is liberating.




“You have been hurt by women. I could see the pain in your eyes… And I’ve never done this before but… I feel prompted to make you a promise of friendship.”


“I promise I will never speak an unkind word to or about you. I will never be jealous of you. I will never compete with you. I will never abandon or betray you. I will love you. I will pray for you. I will do all I can to help you go far and wide in the Kingdom.
I will accept you as you are, always. I will be loyal to you. Before our loving God of grace, you have my words and my heart in friendship for this life and forever with Him.”

Today I hope you find peace in your heart. That you have someone who can come to you and rest their weary head on your shoulder as you can do to them.  That you can see God, in all the different ways we know him, in all the little and big things, in the good times and the not so good.
Love Linda X

No comments:

Post a Comment